Dublin | Ireland
Established in 1918, New Ireland Assurance is the first wholly Irish owned life insurance company to transact business in Ireland. Part of Bank of Ireland Group, we are currently the second largest life assurance company in the Irish market with over 500,000 policyholders and ,15 billion in assets under management. We provide life assurance, pensions and investment solutions to individual and corporate customers.
Do you want to join a dynamic investment support team? We are responsible for overseeing the daily pricing of all New Ireland`s range of unit linked funds, establishing new funds, managing the closure of existing funds and overseeing the Investment Managers New Ireland appoints to manage these funds. The investment oversight and governance team are also responsible for monitoring investment performance of funds and investment managers, and you will develop a good understanding of investment markets in this role.
You will perform a variety of analytical and development work, specialising in the investment oversight, governance and unit pricing area, which will draw on your technical, organisational and communications skills along with providing first-rate support to the wider business.
You will support the Investment Accounts Department in the daily unit pricing process and act as a point of contact for all specialist unit pricing queries. You will also work closely with the Product Management Team in launching new products or making changes to existing offerings.
Investment Oversight conduct ongoing due diligence of New Ireland`s Investment Managers, including monitoring of investments and reporting on investment outcomes, and engages with Bank of Ireland Investment Markets in seeking enhancements to New Ireland`s investment offerings.
What is the opportunity
Improving the investment outcomes for our customers is at the heart of what we do. Our process and controls are designed to ensure accurate fund pricing, enable changes to fund structures and provide meaningful reports on investment performance. This role will appeal to an individual who is interested in pursuing a career in understanding and supporting investment processes.
You will support the Investment Accounts Department in the daily unit pricing process and act as a point of contact for all specialist unit pricing queries. You will also interact regularly with Investment Managers whilst monitoring their activities. Your responsibilities will include:
-Overseeing unit pricing daily and resolving often complex queries in a timely manner.
- Working with our Product Management Department and other stake-holders when launching or closing unit linked funds.
- You will oversee the relationship between New Ireland and its Investment Managers, including Bank of Ireland Investment Markets, and ensure that we are in compliance with our Outsourcing Policies.
- As we are very focussed on managing risk for our customers and our company and you will play a meaningful role in ensuring that a proper control framework is in place and that procedure documents are kept up to date.
- You will participate in unit pricing related and other projects.
- You will also support the team in the operational aspects of the Investment Oversight Department while pursuing innovation and efficiency improvement opportunities.
Do you excel in a team environment? We operate well as a team and really value teamwork. Your competencies will add to our team, in particular:
- Your technical knowledge is strong which you have gained from a combination of a relevant third level qualification and at least 3 years post qualification experience in a related field.
- You are excellent at solving problems, setting and meeting priorities.
- You have an interest in financial markets.
- You are motivated by improving investment outcomes and being part of a commercially successful organisation.
A lot of what we do requires best in class communication - verbal, written or by way of presentations. If these are core strengths of yours, you will do well with us.
Essential Skills & Experience
We honour our service commitments. Whilst working to tight deadlines your abilities will mean we can successfully deliver on these. Your abilities include:
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills.
- You are proven at problem solving and handling multiple tasks.
- You have a deep understanding of unit pricing and the regulatory environment.
- Your experience with Microsoft applications and project management sets you apart.
- You demonstrate excellent numerical ability and analytical skills.
We value a flexible approach to work and encourage our team members to work together and under their own initiative.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
People who viewed this job also viewed
Alert me about jobs like this
You've seen your dream job, now what can you expect from the process?
Bank of Ireland is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. In the UK, Bank of Ireland is authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland and the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our authorisation and regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority, and regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority are available from us on request. By proceeding any further you will be deemed to have read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement.
© 2018 Bank of Ireland